Working for ihotdesk
Interested in working for a young, dynamic, forward thinking organisation?
ihotdesk is a fast growing organisation and we are always on the lookout for skilled, customer focused and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in London. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent training opportunities and long term career progression.
2nd/3rd Line Field Engineer
|Location:||City of London, UK|
|Salary:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Additional benefits:||Non-contributory Pension|
We’re looking for an experienced and qualified 2nd/3rd Line Field Engineer to join a young and dynamic Team; our business is IT Support and Outsourcing, servicing a broad spectrum of small to medium sized companies across a wide range of vertical markets. The role will be based from our London office with frequent visits to customer sites situated in and around London. Focusing on resolving incidents and work requests within agreed SLA's, along with pro-active participation in routine support service activities such as asset, knowledge and problem management. Involvement in continual improvement initiatives and project work is also expected.
Candidates are required to have strong analytical and technical skills, good interpersonal skills and be a team player, with a proven desire and ability to quickly pickup new processes and technologies. Must be able to prioritise and manage own time effectively and able to work unsupervised. The candidate will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
- Should have at least 3 years’ experience in an 2nd line IT Support role
- Microsoft desktop operating systems and applications
- Microsoft Server operating systems and applications
- Strong Local & Wide Area networking skills including configuration of switches & routers
- Mac Desktop and Server knowledge and experience
- Extensive knowledge of the computer environment and the ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems or issues to the satisfaction of the customer or end user
- Mobile devices including Blackberry/iPhone/Android
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7/8 or MCITP: Windows 7 or Windows 8, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- Citrix CCA
- ITIL based methodologies
- Apple MAC (Mac OS X Certifications)
- Cisco exposure
- ITIL Foundation V3
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proactive attitude and ability to work assigned tasks with little or no daily supervision.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Active listening and support of the site team objectives are imperative
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately and make sound decisions in pressurized environments and to tight deadlines
- Flexibility and capable of adapting to a changing and evolving environment to meet business needs.
- The ability to adapt and show great flexibility under testing circumstances
- Must have the knowledge, flexibility and capability to be able to support various businesses in and around London within a very short period of time
- The ability to self-manage, as well as work in affectivity in a tight knit Team
Any Autotask or similar service desk platform experience will be an advantage.
Must be within commutable distance of the city of London. If you think that you have what it takes to succeed, apply now.
How to apply
To apply for this role please send us your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter must include the following:
- Reason for apply for this role
- How you meet the key Skills above
- What you will bring to the role
- Salary expectation
:: NO AGENCIES PLEASE ::