Good morning, Incrypted with you!
Today in the digest:
- Binance CEO warned central banks against digital currency isolation policy
- NFTs are more popular than ever despite the cryptocurrency market situation
- Jack Dorsey: “Bitcoin will replace the US dollar”
- Terra bypasses Binance Smart Chain to rank second in the DeFi protocol ranking
- JPMorgan Chase will jointly develop with Siemens a blockchain-based payment system
- The crypto sector has attracted record investments. Where do companies invest?
- Dubai World Trade Center will become a hub for the crypto industry
- Sleeping bitcoin addresses woke up after years … What does it mean?
- The end of the era of banks. Caribbean developer eGrivny told how you can do without maps
- How the US Federal Reserve’s decision will affect the market in 2022? – analytical review
Binance Labs tops $ 73 Million for Multichain (formerly Anyswap).
In addition to financial support from Binance Labs, Multichain is also building partnerships with Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
Other co-investors in this round were Sequoia China, IDG Capital, Three Arrows Capital, DeFiance Capital, Circle Ventures, Tron Foundation and others.
Sleeping bitcoin addresses have woken up after years. What does it mean?
“ Sleeping Bitcoins” are addresses that have BTC but have not been trading for a long time. It turns out that over the past month, a lot of such wallets have “woken up” on the network. Some of them were inactive 12 and more years.
It should be noted that the terms “spend” or “transfer” do not necessarily mean that the coins were sold to a third party for fiat or another crypto asset.
So-called “dormant bitcoins” are sometimes simply transferred to other wallets. For example, from outdated addresses to addresses that support the Segregated Witness (Segwit) protocol.
Binance CEO warned central banks against digital currency isolation policy
This year, venture capital funds have brought about 30 billion dollars. This is more than for all previous years combined (but it should be taken into account that all industries 12 years). And almost 4 times more than the previous record, which was recorded in 2020 year – then investors invested about $ 8 billion. This data was published by PitchBook Data Inc.
According to Blockchain Lead Partner Spencer Bogart, the reason for the active interest from investors lies in the rapid development of the sector. Per In the last year, new options for using digital assets have appeared:
“We’ve gone beyond bitcoin as digital gold. We have financial services, art projects, games with NFT, Web 3.0 technologies, decentralized social networks – all this made investors turn their attention in this direction “
Dubai World Trade Center will become a hub for the crypto industry
The cryptocurrency industry is heading towards mass adoption and Dubai is not remains aloof. They are strengthening their position as one of the most crypto-friendly countries.
Details were announced on Monday by the Dubai Media Office. It will be an overarching ecosystem that works with the private sector and companies. Its goal is to create an attractive environment for the cryptocurrency sector and to protect investors.
The government is working hard to expand the market for its virtual assets. They are developing a roadmap to easily integrate innovative financial products and new trends, including the popular NFT technology.
The end of the era of banks. Caribbean developer eGrivny told how you can do without maps
Fintech company Bitt from Barbados is working on the creation of the digital hryvnia. The company’s CEO recently gave an interview to American journalists, Brian Popelka. He spoke about his past experience, technologies, and also confessed his love for Ukraine.
Bitt already has experience in issuing digital currencies (CBDC) – they were responsible for creating eNaira, a stablecoin for Nigeria. The government wanted to reduce the number of transactions involving banknotes and coins. That is, first of all, to reduce the cost of printing money. This is the first benefit that digital money provides.
The second benefit is the ability to use CBDC for people who do not have bank accounts. The digital currency is issued and serviced by the central bank of the state. The amount of such money is strictly tied to the treasury reserves and the current exchange rate. The state distributes part of the stablecoins between banks and other financial institutions, and leaves some directly for operations.
“ To join system, it is not necessary to choose an intermediary bank. The user can download a special application and receive there, for example, a salary in stablecoins. At the same time, CBDC can be listed not only by the state itself, but also by commercial banks, individuals, companies. This is possible through the cross-border payment option. “
As a solution Will the US Fed affect the market in 20576? – analytical review
Recall 16 December, the head of the US Federal Reserve System) announced the decision of the regulator on interest rates. So far, they remain unchanged. However, next year, the department expects their increase, and at least three times in order to fight inflation.
In the short term, the appreciation on the back of the Fed’s announcement seems to be a welcome signal. Traders will be more willing to take loans to buy assets on a growing trend, which will ultimately have a positive effect both on the economy and on the price level in the segment.
However, there is one significant “but” ….
- BitMEX derivatives exchange announced the long-awaited launch of its own BMEX token. The platform will airdrop both old and new users.
- Multi-chain liquidity protocol for leveraged trading and farming Marnotaur announced its integration with the Avalanche network. Also, the project launched two staking pools on BSC – TAUR and LP TAUR-BUSD on its pharming platform. In the future, it is planned to add more pairs for the farming of the TAUR token.
- Binance has announced that the distribution of rewards for participating in the first batch of Polkadot parachains will be postponed to 16 February 2022 of the year.
- The Three Kingdoms Play2Earn Metaverse and NFT game announced the release of the Christmas Edition of the series NFT heroes.
Have a good day!